Living Coral also know as Pantone 16-1546 is a warm orange peach with a hint of pink and rich gold undertones. The color evokes creativity, energy, and optimism. It is also linked to the earth and sea. Did you know the marine life invertebrate get their gorgeous tone from the tiny algae living on it. Coral reefs provide shelter to the kaleidoscope under the sea. In your wardrobe, art, botanicals, or as an accent, this color can make you and your space pop. We all seek the inspiration of color found in nature. It can enrich our lives and strengthen our own personal energy.
Welcome to our Living Coral edition of When Fashion and Nature Collide. On the third Wednesday of each month, we will post a new collaborative edition. You will see art, beautiful fashion and accessories styled by Dominique from 3C Style, botanicals, critters, and beautiful art by Darren from the Arty Plantsman, and botanicals, critters and art from me Lisa@Lismore Paper. Be sure to check out each blog for the full edition. Check out our shop for the original fashion and accessories from all of our editions.
A Pop of Coral – Coral, Zucchini Flower, and Protea Cynaroides, oh my!
What better way to celebrate Living Coral than with a Pop of Coral! Inspired by ocean coral, zucchini flower, and Protea (honeypot or King Sugarbush) now how can you not love those common names? Dominique is putting her artistic touch on the flowers in the botanical garden. Her coral dress is the perfect pop of color in that space. The sea colored pillows compliments the coral color beautifully.
Land Sea Earth – To Love Nurture Protect
This original design was a poster I created for another local project, more lake oriented than sea. When looking at it and considering what I do for a living, it made sense to make the design more global. Bees are such an important part of life, I wanted the honeycomb pattern to be represented. Trees are truly the lungs of the earth, we need to love our land. It’s like clean air gardening. The Sea, where do we begin. 70% of the Earth’s surface is ocean, and without it the other 30% would barely be habitable. We need to nurture our sea, coral reefs, and we need to protect our beautiful Earth. Conserving what we have is important. I am so excited to share this clean and earth friendly design. This is one I am proud to wear. Dominique is wearing this at the botanical garden.
Ant Barcode – A Fashion Statement
Ants have a big impact on our environment. They are like our own secret gardeners. Did you know they turn up more soil than earthworms, aerate the soil, and recycle nutrients. They make healthy soil for our plants and even aid in pollination. They also make a great fashion statement and can be worn with the living coral accessories!
Join us for Earth Day! A special collaborative post. We will be showing new work. Darren has a sneak peak!
Thank you for visiting and reading the Living Coral edition. Look for our next edition of When Fashion and Nature Collide on May 15th. We will be adding new items to our store! Perfect for the nature lover in all of us.
Much love & hugs,